With specialist interpretation from VetCT, our CT scanner has been a great asset to diagnose lung metastasis (small lesions that would not be detected with regular radiographs), abdominal tumours, nasal lesions, liver shunts, and middle ear disease, among others.
How to book a CT scan
Lort Smith vets will arrange an appointment for regular Lort Smith clients.
We offer a referral service to all veterinary clinics in Victoria who would benefit from the use of a CT scanner. Lort Smith provides the CT scan as an outpatient service, with results being sent directly to the referring clinic for follow-up.
- Referring vet to email patient history to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lort Smith will review patient history to determine if CT scan suitable
- Lort Smith will contact referring vet to schedule appointment or discuss alternative course of action.
$70.00 (standard weekday)
$106.00 (extended weekday)
Ranging from $170-$250.
$700 for one body area, includes specialist interpretation. $150 per additional body area.
Note: All patients need to be either sedated or anaesthetised.
Lort Smith utilises the services of VetCT who provide a specialist veterinary radiology interpretation service with a 24-hour turnaround time.
An urgent interpretation can be done in four hours at an additional cost of $145.20.
- 25% discount on all veterinary services* for Health Care Card holders and pensioners.
- 10% discount on all veterinary services* for Seniors Card holders.
* Excludes microchips, medication, food and consumable products.
We also offer payment plans to customers who are experiencing financial hardship.