Fundraising is a fun and rewarding way for individuals, schools, businesses and community groups to support our vital work.
As a not-for-profit organisation that receives no ongoing government funding we rely heavily on the generosity of the community to help us deliver essential and life-saving services to sick, injured and vulnerable animals.
Community fundraising events are especially important for Lort Smith as not only do they raise much-needed funds, they also help to increase awareness of our work in the community.
Every dollar donated to Lort Smith is used to support our mission to improve the health and happiness of animals, and the people who care for them.
Whether it’s a sausage sizzle, fun run or workplace casual dress day, the only limit is your imagination!
Rally your friends, family, workmates and social media community and start fundraising today for animals in need.
Our fundraising team are more than willing to help you in any way they can – be sure to keep them in the loop regarding your intended activities.
An overview of our fundraising process:
1. Download our helpful Community Fundraising Kit
Complete and return the Application Form.
Within five working days of receiving your application, our fundraising team will contact you with approval or let you know if we need more information.
3. Set-up your own online fundraising page and fundraise online
As part of your fundraising activity, you might like to set-up an easy online fundraising page.
4. Run your fundraising activity
5. Return your raised funds within 14 days of finishing your activity.
Need an idea?
Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing. And remember, whether you raise $10 or $1,000, every dollar helps!
- Hold a quiz night
- Sell unwanted items on eBay
- Get sponsored to enter a fun run/walk
- Get sponsored to lose weight or go a month without drinking alcohol
- Hold a cake stall
- Have a workplace casual dress day
- Give up coffee or bring your own lunch to work for a month and donate what you save
- Hold a raffle or auction with donated prizes
- Donate a day’s wage and ask your employer to match it
- Hold a dog fashion show or ‘best in show’ competition
- Charge people to guess how many sweets in a jar
- Empty your pockets and donate loose change every night for a month
- Get sponsored to do an epic challenge, like climb a mountain
- Offer to walk/wash the dogs in your neighbourhood
- Have a BBQ and sell sausages
- Have a night in with your mates and donate what you would all save on food, taxis, drinks and entertainment
- Ask your friends and family to make a donation rather than buy you a birthday present.