Do not induce vomiting unless your vet instructs you to. Inducing vomiting can be dangerous and may be harmful. Vomiting should never be induced in animals experiencing difficulty breathing.
If your vet advises you to induce vomiting at home, always follow their instructions carefully, as many substances are not safe to induce vomiting in dogs.
Always supervise your pet when you induce vomiting to be sure that a) vomiting has occurred and b) the animal does not ingest the vomitus.
DEPENDING ON WHAT HAS BEEN INGESTED, ANIMALS MAY REQUIRE FURTHER TREATMENT EVEN WHERE VOMITING IS INDUCED. CONTACT YOUR VETERINARIAN.
WHAT IS IT?
This procedure involves intentionally causing an animal to throw up or vomit, for the purpose of eliminating a toxin or foreign body.
Vomiting may be induced to eliminate a foreign body or to minimise absorption of a toxic substance.
INDUCING VOMITING IN A PET CAN BE DANGEROUS and should only be done under the advice of a veterinarian.
If your pet is showing any clinical signs, or if it has been more than 2 hours post ingestion, seek veterinary attention immediately.