Do not induce vomiting unless your vet instructs you to. Inducing vomiting can be dangerous and may be harmful. Vomiting should never be induced in animals experiencing difficulty breathing.
WHAT IS IT?
This procedure involves intentionally causing an animal to throw up or vomit, for the purpose of eliminating a toxin or foreign body.
Vomiting may be induced to eliminate a foreign body or to minimise absorption of a toxic substance.
INDUCING VOMITING IN A PET CAN BE DANGEROUS and should only be done under the advice of a veterinarian.
If your pet is showing any clinical signs, or if it has been more than 2 hours post ingestion, seek veterinary attention immediately.