Hi everyone, my name is Moon
My perfect adopter will be calm, patient and have previous cat experience. They will understand that I will need time to adjust to my new home environment. You see, I’m quite shy and need time to warm up.
A peaceful home with no children is perfect for me as loud noises scare me. Whilst I wouldn’t describe myself as affectionate, I do enjoy the company of humans and will let you know when I would like a pat.
I love socialising with other cats, even joining in an occasional game of tag! I wouldn’t mind going to a home with another kitty, as long as they are calm and gentle.
If you think you can offer me the home I need, please complete an expression of interest.
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc