Hi everyone, my name is Cloud
I’m a sweet little guy looking for a warm, secure hutch to call home. Ideally, I’d like you to have somewhere inside and outside just for me so I can stretch my little legs and have heaps of fun.
I would benefit from another rabbit companion, however we would need to be sure we got along, perhaps one about the same age as myself or older. If you think that you will be able to satisfy my cravings for attention then I would be fine to go into a home on my own.
Have you owned a rabbit before? We actually have lots of dietary and health requirements so feel free to ask our staff if you have any questions.
Feel free to hop on down to the Adoption Hub to meet me!
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc