Hi everyone, my name is Bobby
I’m a handsome young lad who is seeking a quiet loving home.
When I arrived at Lort Smith I was a very scared little boy who needed a lot of TLC and guidance to show me that the world isn’t such a scary place. I’ve spent the past few months with a wonderful foster carer and I’m now ready to find my forever family.
I’m still a bit shy when I first meet new people. I’m searching for a home with no young children and where I will be kept safe as an indoor only cat.
I love other cats, I come out of my shell when I’m around other confident felines.
Please come on in and meet me, I will be hanging out with my friends at Lort Smith until the right home comes along.
Adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc