In kind donations help make our work at the Hospital and Adoption Centre possible.
Wondering what types of items would be most useful? Here is a list of frequently used items within our Adoption Centre:
- New or old towels and blankets to be used as bedding in our shelter. Please note that we are unable to accept sheets, duvets, mattresses or anything that has stuffing.
- Items that can be used as enrichment items for the shelter animals – tennis balls, scratching posts, cat & dog beds, treats and dog coats.
- Dog and cat food.
- Newspaper, which we shred and use in cages for rabbits, guinea pigs and ferrets.
- Leashes, collars and harnesses.
- Puppy pens, dog crates or rabbit hutches.
- Animal beds.
If you have anything you would like to donate, there is a drop off area in reception at Lort Smith, 24 Villiers St, North Melbourne.
If you have unwanted household goods, please consider donating them to Rellik Vintage Warehouse. Based at 16 Montefiore Street, Fairfield, they sell quality used items, then pass on all profits to Lort Smith. For more information, click here.