Fundraising is a fun and rewarding way for individuals, schools, businesses and community groups to support the vital work of the Lort Smith Animal Hospital.
As a not-for-profit organisation that receives no Government funding, we rely on the generous support from the community in order to help us continue to deliver hospital and shelter services to thousands of animals every year.
Community Fundraising events are especially important for Lort Smith as not only do they raise vital funds to help animals in need, they also help to increase brand awareness in the local community.
Why not create your own fundraising event to help animals in need. The only limit is your imagination - so rally your friends, your Facebook friends, family and work mates and start fundraising today!
Ready to get started?
The easiest and most convenient way to fundraise for Lort Smith is to set up your own online fundraising page through Everyday Hero. With your own page you are able to create positive change and inspire others by posting updates, photos and videos.
Everyday Hero deals with all of the administration, so that all you need to do is spread the word about your fundraising and encourage your friends, family and colleagues to donate to your cause. Remember, passion is infectious so spread the word!
Online fundraising through Everyday Hero is also a fun and easy way for schools or groups to raise money by holding small events such as read-a-thons, swim-a-thons or walk-a-thons.
There are also hundreds of existing events to join such as the annual Melbourne Marathon or City2Sea Fun Run or create your own unique fundraiser.
For more information on how to fundraise for Lort Smith via Everyday Hero, please visit their website.
Alternatively, if you do not want to hold an online fundraiser, then download our Community Fundraising Kit, which is designed to help you organise your own fundraising event or initiative providing you with everything you need to know to get started, have fun and successfully raise much needed funds.
Collection tins for businesses
If you are a business and would like to collect donations for us at your point of sale we can provide you with a Lort Smith branded collection tin.
Have a question?
Please call Lort Smith's Community Fundraising team on (03) 9321 7207.
Need an idea?
Here are some thought starters for your next fundraiser. And remember, whether you raise $10 or $1,000, every bit helps!
- Hold a quiz night
- Sell unwanted stuff on ebay
- Get sponsored to enter a fun run/walk
- Get sponsored to lose weight or go a month without drinking alcohol
- Hold a cake stall
- Have a dress down day
- Give up coffee or bring your own lunch to work for a month and donate what you save
- Hold a raffle or auction with donated prizes
- Donate a days' wage and ask your employer to match it
- Hold a dog fashion show or 'best in show' competition
- Charge people to guess how many sweets in a jar
- Empty your pockets and donate loose change every night for a month
- Get sponsored to do an epic challenge, like climb a mountain
- Hijack the lift at work and charge people to use it
- Offer to walk/wash the dogs in your neighbourhood
- Have a BBQ and sell sausages
- Have a night in with your mates and donate what you would all save on food, taxis, drinks and entertainment
- Ask your friends and family to make a donation rather than buy you a birthday present