- Available from: April 8th, 2017
- Gender: Female
- Age: 8 years old (Senior)
- Size: Small
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair
My name is Sophie I am an extremely sweet, lovely natured girl who simply adores affection.
I have recently been transferred from another shelter so my history is somewhat limited as to my prior living arrangements. I do need to let you know that I am not fond of other felines, therefore I would prefer to be in a one cat only household.Please come and meet me and see the love I can give.
- Suits teenager
ADOPTING AN ANIMAL
Things to consider before adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
Before you decide, have you considered the following?
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Can I afford a pet?
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc