My lifestyle colour
- Loves to play and gets easily excited
- Requires moderate interaction
- Medium grooming requirements
- Available from: February 9th, 2017
- Gender: Female
- Age: 6 years (Adult)
- Size: Small
- Breed: Domestic Long Hair
**Foster to adopt while on medication for stress (anti anxiety medication)**
Hello, I'm Izzy.
I was surrendered to the Lort Smith Adoption Hub when my owner had a baby and unfortunately did not have time for me anymore.
I am a very sweet lady that loves to have a cuddle when I'm feeling relaxed. I would prefer a quiet home with no children or other animals as both can be quite scary and stressful for me.
I enjoy having my coat brushed and being pampered like the princess that I am. I have only ever lived as an indoor cat so will need to make sure my new owners are happy to continue providing me with this lifestyle.
Why not come by for an obligation free cuddle today!
Alternatively contact Lort Smith Adoption Centre for more information about me.
- Suits teenager
ADOPTING AN ANIMAL
Things to consider before adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
Before you decide, have you considered the following?
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Can I afford a pet?
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Ready to Adopt
Come visit me
Lort Smith Adoption Centre
24 Villiers St, North Melbourne
Cattery Ph: 03 9321 7240
Kennels Ph: 03 9321 7260
Open 9:30am - 3:30pm every day except Christmas Day.
Microchip # - C13082
Ask a question
* Indicates that field is mandatory