My lifestyle colour
- Loves to play and gets easily excited
- Requires moderate interaction
- Medium grooming requirements
- Available from: October 11th, 2016
- Gender: Male
- Age: 5.1 years (Adult)
- Size: Small
- Breed: Domestic Short Hair
Hello. How do you do? My name is Smokey.
I'm looking for my furrever home where I can purr and play.
I can be a little nervous at first which is why I'm on medication. However the Lort Smith team are hopeful I can be weaned off this soon.
I'm seeking a forever family that will be patient and help me build my confidence. A quiet and peaceful home will help me to achieve this.
If you would like to meet me, please swing by as I'd love a cuddle!
- Suits teenager
ADOPTING AN ANIMAL
Things to consider before adopting an animal
Adopting an animal is a rewarding experience that will last a lifetime. But before you adopt a pet please take some time to consider the commitment you are about to make. Sometimes the excitement of pet ownership can overshadow factors that should be considered before adoption.
Adopting a shelter pet is a lifelong decision that will have a major impact to your normal, everyday life. Please remember that a cat or dog can live for up to 20 years and they will rely only on you for their wellbeing for their entire life.
Before you decide, have you considered the following?
- Do I have time to exercise the dog every day?
- Do I have time for puppy pre-school and time to socialise a puppy?
- Do I have at least an hour every day to spend with my cat?
- Do I have time for obedience training?
- If renting, does the landlord permit pets?
- Is the backyard big enough and is the fencing secure?
- Does the whole family want a pet?
- Will the pet be allowed inside?
- Will I have to move interstate or overseas in the foreseeable future?
- Will I have to move to another rental property where the landlord may not allow pets.
Can I afford a pet?
Pets are a lifelong monetary commitment, you will need to factor in:
- Weekly animal food bills and necessities
- Yearly council registration
- Monthly medications like heart worm/intestinal worm and flea treatments
- Annual vet visits for vaccinations and check ups
- Unexpected vet bills due to accidents or medical conditions
- Ongoing grooming
- Boarding fees for human holidays
- Enrichment like training, toys etc
Ready to Adopt
Come visit me
Lort Smith Adoption Centre
24 Villiers St, North Melbourne
Cattery Ph: 03 9321 7240
Kennels Ph: 03 9321 7260
Open 9:30am - 3:30pm every day except Christmas Day.
Microchip # - C12861
Ask a question
* Indicates that field is mandatory